Asparagus and feta vegetarian pâté
An easy vegetarian pâté made with chargrilled asparagus, feta cheese and chickpeas. Great as an appetiser or sandwich filler!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 1 cups
- 200 g asparagus (~ 20 medium spears - use more if they’re particularly thin)
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 80 g feta cheese, roughly crumbled (~ 2/3 cup when crumbled)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Black pepper
Add the asparagus spears to a griddle pan over a high heat, and cook until it is fairly soft and slightly charred. You can use a frying pan if you don't have a griddle pan, but you won't end up with the same char.
Add the cooked asparagus to a food processor, along with the drained chickpeas, garlic, and feta. Blitz until roughly chopped. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and blitz again until smooth. For a thinner mixture, just add a dash of water.