Peach melba overnight oats
Peach melba overnight oats, a healthy fruity breakfast inspired by the retro dessert.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 90 g (~ 1 cup) rolled oats
- 225 ml (~ 1 scant cup) milk
- 410 g tin sliced peaches in fruit juice, drained (250g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained - equivalent of about 2 fresh peaches, sliced)
- 110 g (~ 1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, runny honey or agave nectar
- To serve: more fresh raspberries, fresh mint (optional)
Combine the oats and milk in a large bowl, and mix well.
Place a couple of slices of peach in the bottom of each of three small glasses. Top each with a couple of spoonfuls of milk-soaked oats, making sure there's a small amount of excess milk for the oats to absorb. Then add another layer of peach slices.
In a small bowl, use a fork to roughly crush the raspberries. Add a dash of maple syrup, and mix well.
Distribute the raspberry 'sauce' between the three glasses, and top each with another layer of oats. Again, there should be a small amount of excess milk, but don't feel you need to add it all if there's too much.
Cover the glasses with cling film, and place in the fridge overnight. They should last for 2-3 days in the fridge. Serve with more fresh raspberries and fresh mint, if desired.