Twix chocolate pots
Easy chocolate pots inspired by a Twix chocolate bar, with luscious caramel and a biscuit base!
Servings: 8 pots
For the base:
- 100 g digestive biscuits, or similar - about 6 biscuits
- 45 g (~ 3 tbsp) unsalted butter, melted
- ~ 8 tbsp dulce de leche or caramel sauce
For the chocolate layer:
- 50 g (scant 1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 280 g (~ 10 oz) milk chocolate, broken into chunks
- 300 ml (~ 1 1/8 cups) double cream / heavy cream
Place the digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag, and crush them thoroughly. Transfer them to a bowl, and add the 45g melted butter. Mix well.
Distribute the biscuit mixture between around 8 small ramekins, pressing it down firmly. Top each biscuit base with a spoonful of dulce de leche (or similar caramel sauce).
To make the chocolate layer, add the 50g butter, milk chocolate, and cream to a saucepan, and place over a low heat. Stirring regularly, heat the mixture gently until it all melts and forms a smooth, silky mixture.
Divide the chocolate mixture between the ramekins, then place in the fridge overnight to set. Serve chilled.