Slow cooker smoky jalapeno and white bean soup
This slow cooker white bean soup is smoky, spicy, creamy, cheesy... everything you'd want in a soup!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 hrs 30 mins
Total Time4 hrs 40 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 2 x 400g tins white beans, drained (480g, or ~ 2 1/2 cups, when drained) - I used haricot and cannellini beans
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 150 g (~ 1/2 cup) tomatillo salsa
- 250 ml (~ 1 cup) vegetable stock
- 25 g (~ 1/8 cup) pickled red jalapeno slices, finely chopped
- 100 g smoked cheese, grated (~ 1 cup when grated)
- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly diced
- To serve: fresh avocado, fresh coriander (cilantro), tortilla chips (optional)
Add the two drained tins of white beans to the slow cooker, along with the chopped onion, garlic, tomatillo salsa, vegetable stock, and finely chopped jalapeños (you can add a few less jalapeños to begin with if you're sensitive to spice). Cook on high for 4 hours.
Add the grated smoked cheese and diced tomatoes, as well as a few more jalapeños if you think it needs more spice. Cook for a further 30 minutes. If desired, serve topped with avocado and coriander, with tortilla chips for dipping.