Creamy gnocchi primavera
Crispy gnocchi with heaps of colourful veggies and a creamy, cheesy sauce. Irresistible!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil, divided
- 500 g (~ 2 2/3 cups) potato gnocchi
- 70 g broccoli, cut into small florets (~ 1 cup when chopped)
- 1 small leek, halved lengthwise then sliced
- 125 ml (~ 1/2 cup) vegetable stock
- ~ 8 spears asparagus, cut into 1 inch chunks
- ~ 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100 g (~ 1/2 cup) tinned sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp (heaped) creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp (heaped) ricotta cheese
- 50 g (~ 1/2 cup) finely grated vegetarian parmesan-style cheese
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
Melt the butter with 1/2 tbsp oil in a frying pan, and add the gnocchi. Cook over a medium heat, stirring regularly, until crispy and golden brown (around 10 minutes). Remove the gnocchi from the pan, and set aside.
Heat the remaining 1/2 tbsp oil in the pan, and add the broccoli and leek. Cook for a few minutes over a medium heat until the leek is soft. Add the vegetable stock, and simmer for until most of the excess liquid has evaporated. Add the asparagus, halved tomatoes and garlic, and cook for a few more minutes.
When the vegetables are fairly soft, return the cooked gnocchi to the pan. Add the sweetcorn, creme fraiche, ricotta and grated cheese, and mix well until the cheese has melted to give a smooth sauce.
Season generously with black pepper, and serve with fresh parsley.