Thai pesto pasta
A Thai twist on my favourite lazy pesto pasta! With a chilli and coconut pesto, and plenty of stir fried veggies.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 people
For the Thai pesto:
- 40 g (~ 1/4 cup) cashew nuts
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 mild red chilli, seeds removed (or 1 whole chilli for a spicier dish)
- 1 small spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 75 ml (~ 1/4 cup) coconut milk
- Black pepper
- 260 g (~ 9 oz) pasta (I used wholegrain)
- 1 tbsp oil
- A few handfuls of various vegetables - I used red pepper, Tenderstem broccoli, mange tout, baby corn
To make the Thai pesto, add the cashew nuts, garlic, chilli, spring onion and fresh coriander (cilantro) to a food processor, and blitz thoroughly. Add the olive oil and coconut milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and blitz again until fairly smooth.
Boil the pasta in plenty of water, then drain.
Meanwhile, heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan, and add a couple of handfuls of vegetables. I used chopped red pepper, Tenderstem broccoli, mange tout and baby corn (the exact quantities don't matter at all). Stir fry for 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened slightly.
Add the cooked pasta to the pan, along with the Thai pesto. Mix well, and serve.