Pizza rice bowls
Gooey, cheesy tomatoey rice with all my favourite pizza toppings - use whatever toppings you like!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 people
- 210 g (~ 1 cup) long-grain white rice (e.g. basmati)
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (I used yellow)
- 100 g (~ 1/2 cup) tinned sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 400 ml (~ 1 1/2 cups) pizza sauce
- 125 g (~ 1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese
Boil the rice in plenty of water until cooked.
Meanwhile, heat a dash of oil in a frying pan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes until soft and fragrant.
In a separate pan, heat another dash of oil, and add the mushrooms and peppers (or whatever pizza toppings you've chosen). Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the sweetcorn and black olives, along with the thyme and oregano. Cook for a couple more minutes.
When the rice is cooked, add the sautéed onion, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Mix well, and keep it over a low heat until the cheese has melted.
Serve the pizza rice mixture topped with the veggies.