Tex-Mex cauliflower rice
This Tex-Mex cauliflower rice is a low-carb meal made entirely in the Tefal Actifry air fryer - healthy and delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400 g tin black beans, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 100 g (~ 2/3 cup) tinned sweetcorn
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- Black pepper
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated (~ 1/2 cup when grated)
- Toppings, to serve: your choice of sliced avocado, fresh coriander (cilantro), spring onions, sour cream, salsa, etc.
Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, and cut the cauliflower itself into florets. Place in a food processor, and blitz until it resembles rice.
Place the cauliflower rice in the Actifry with a drizzle of oil. Cook for 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Scrape down the sides of the Actifry, and add the black beans, sweetcorn, spring onions, spices, and seasoning. Cook for a further 10 minutes, then add the cheese, and cook for 5 more minutes. Scrape down the sides of the Actifry again, and serve with your choice of toppings.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 436kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 23.5g | Fat: 17.1g | Saturated Fat: 6.5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 336mg | Potassium: 1536mg | Fiber: 18.6g | Sugar: 10.2g | Calcium: 22% | Iron: 35%