One pot creamy veggie pasta
This luxurious creamy veggie pasta is made in just one pot - the pasta is cooked right in with the sauce! An easy, crowd-pleasing dinner.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 325 g (~ 11 1/2 oz) dried pasta
- 1 bell pepper, sliced or diced (I used orange)
- ~ 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 130 g (~ 3/4 cup) frozen peas
- 125 g (~ 3/4 cup) frozen sweetcorn
- 700 ml (~ 3 scant cups) milk
- 400 ml (~ 2 scant cups) vegetable stock
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 150 g cheddar cheese, grated (~ 1 1/2 cups when grated)
- Black pepper
- Fresh chives, to serve (optional)
Add the pasta to a large saucepan, along with the vegetables, milk, veggie stock, and dried herbs. Mix well to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer, and cook for around 15 minutes, until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened. You'll need to stir regularly, especially when the pasta is nearly cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from the heat, and add the grated cheese and plenty of salt and pepper. Mix well until the cheese has melted to produce a thick, glossy sauce. Serve topped with fresh chives, if desired.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 597kcal | Carbohydrates: 76.6g | Protein: 29.9g | Fat: 18.9g | Saturated Fat: 10.2g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 3.4g | Sugar: 11.5g | Calcium: 380mg | Iron: 4.9mg