Roasted vegetable Mexican torta
This roasted vegetable Mexican torta is an irresistible sandwich, stuffed full of roasted veggies, cheese, refried beans and avocado - an amazing combination!
Servings: 2 people
- 1/2 medium aubergine (eggplant), cut into thick slices
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into large pieces
- 4 medium mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- Black pepper
- 2 large bread rolls, e.g. tiger rolls, ciabatta, etc
- 3 tbsp refried beans
- 2 slices cheese, e.g. Monterey Jack, cheddar, gouda, etc.
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- Small handful lettuce leaves
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
Add the sliced vegetables to a baking tray, and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with chilli powder and a little salt and pepper. Roast at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for about 30 minutes (turning halfway), until soft.
Cut the bread rolls in half, and spread one half with refried beans. Top the beans with the roasted veggies, and a slice of cheese. Return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, until the bread is crispy and the cheese has melted.
Spread the mashed avocado on the other half of each roll, and sandwich the two pieces together with some lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 69.2g | Protein: 19.4g | Fat: 25.1g | Saturated Fat: 7.5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 791mg | Potassium: 900mg | Fiber: 13.4g | Sugar: 8.7g | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 3mg