Asparagus and feta vegetarian pâté
An easy vegetarian pâté made with chargrilled asparagus, feta cheese and chickpeas. Great as an appetiser or sandwich filler!
Servings: 1 cups
- 200 g asparagus (~ 20 medium spears - use more if they’re particularly thin)
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 80 g feta cheese, roughly crumbled (~ 2/3 cup when crumbled)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Black pepper
Add the asparagus spears to a griddle pan over a high heat, and cook until it is fairly soft and slightly charred. You can use a frying pan if you don't have a griddle pan, but you won't end up with the same char.
Add the cooked asparagus to a food processor, along with the drained chickpeas, garlic, and feta. Blitz until roughly chopped. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and blitz again until smooth. For a thinner mixture, just add a dash of water.