Sweet potato and chickpea slow cooker tagine
This slow cooker tagine couldn't be easier to prepare - just throw everything in and turn it on!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 onion
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium aubergine (eggplant)
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained (240g, or ~ 1 ¼ cups, when drained)
- 400 g tinned tomatoes (~ 1 ⅓ cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Black pepper
- To serve: couscous, yogurt (soy yogurt if vegan), fresh mint
Peel the onion and sweet potato, then cut all the vegetables into 1 inch chunks. Add them to your slow cooker, along with the chickpeas, tomatoes, spices, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
Cook on high for 4 hours, stirring once halfway. Serve with couscous, with a dollop of yogurt and some fresh mint.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.3g | Protein: 7.9g | Fat: 2.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 819mg | Fiber: 10.9g | Sugar: 11.6g | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 9mg