Indian roasted chickpea flatbreads
An easy Indian-inspired dinner, with spiced roasted chickpeas and a herby yogurt sauce. Full of flavour!
Servings: 2 people
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained (240g, or ~ 1 ¼ cups, when drained)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 100 g tinned tomatoes (~ ⅓ cup)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Few sprigs fresh coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 2 individual naan breads (or other flatbreads)
- To serve: tomato wedges, sliced red onion, fresh coriander (cilantro)
Tip the chickpeas onto a baking tray, and add the four spices, along with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little oil, and mix well. Roast at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for around 25 minutes, or until fairly crispy, stirring once halfway.
Add the tinned tomatoes (around ¼ of a standard tin) and sliced red onion to the pan, and mix to combine. Place in the oven for a further 10 minutes or so, until cooked to your liking.
To make the herby yogurt, just add some finely chopped coriander (cilantro) to some plain Greek yogurt, and mix.
Before serving, warm the naan bread in the oven for a few minutes, then serve with the Indian roasted chickpeas, some extra red onion and tomato wedges, and a dollop of the herby yogurt.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg