Very veggie mashed potato
An easy way to get more veg into your diet - add them to your mash! Much more flavour and more nutrients than normal mashed potato.
Servings: 5 people
- 3 large potatoes (~ 1 kg / 35 oz)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 small head broccoli (~ 130g / 4.5 oz), cut into tiny florets
- 2 medium carrots (~ 90g / 3 oz), grated
- 90 g ~ 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated (~ 1 cup when grated)
- 80 ml (~ 1/4 cup) milk
- Black pepper
Peel the potatoes if desired (I left the skins on), and cut into chunks. Add to a large pan of water, and crumble in a vegetable stock cube. Boil until mostly (but not entirely) cooked, then add the chopped broccoli, grated carrot, and frozen peas. Boil for a few more minutes, until everything is soft. Drain thoroughly.
Add the cheese and milk to the pan, and mash to your desired consistency. Season to taste, and serve warm.