One pan chickpea curry and rice bake
An easy dinner, prepared in minutes - just throw all the raw ingredients (including uncooked rice!) in a big baking dish, and bake. Chickpea curry and rice, done!
Servings: 4 people
- 150 g (~ 2/3 cup) uncooked long-grain white rice
- 5 medium mushrooms, diced fairly small
- 400 g tinned tomatoes (~ 1 1/3 cups)
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I used red)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Black pepper
- 150 ml (generous 1/2 cup) vegetable stock
- To serve: fresh coriander (cilantro), and a dollop of plain yogurt, raita or mango chutney (optional)
Preheat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F).
Add all of the ingredients to a large baking dish (mine measured around 11 x 9 inches), and mix thoroughly. Remember the rice will expand as it cooks, so make sure the mixture doesn't completely fill the dish at this stage.
Cover the dish with foil, and bake for around an hour, or until the rice is fully cooked.
Serve with fresh coriander (cilantro), and a dollop of plain yogurt, raita or mango chutney, if desired.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg