Creamy white beans with goat's cheese
A healthier comforting dinner that can be whipped up in just 15 minutes!
Servings: 1 person
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400 g tin cannellini beans, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 2 tbsp St Helen’s Farm double goat’s cream
- 50 g St Helen's Farm goat's cheese, grated (~ 1/2 cup when grated)
- 50 g (~ 1/4 cup) frozen peas
- Black pepper
- 1 handful fresh rocket (arugula) - spinach would work well too
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the minced garlic and drained tin of beans. Cook over a low heat for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the beans have softened slightly - you can gently mash them slightly with the back of a spoon if you want to.
Add the goat's cream and grated goat's cheese, and mix them into the beans so the cheese melts.
When the sauce is smooth, add the frozen peas, and mix to combine. Cook for 5 more minutes until they have thawed. Season generously with plenty of salt and pepper.
Add a handful of fresh rocket (arugula) and a few halved cherry tomatoes, and cook for a couple more minutes, until the rocket has wilted and the tomatoes are slightly soft.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.4g | Protein: 21.5g | Fat: 23.1g | Saturated Fat: 7.5g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 167mg | Fiber: 15.4g | Sugar: 2.4g | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 1.1mg