Madagascan bean stew
A hearty vegan bean stew made entirely in the Tefal ActiFry! So easy to make, and so much flavour.
Servings: 3 people
- 200 g (~ 7 oz) baby new potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 400 g tin black beans, drained but not rinsed (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 400 g tin kidney beans, drained but not rinsed (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp pureed ginger
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Black pepper
- 250 ml (~ 1 cup) vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 large handful rocket (arugula)
- Cooked rice, to serve (optional)
Cut the baby new potatoes into quarters, and add to the ActiFry with a dash of oil. Set the ActiFry to 220°, and cook for 10 minutes. Add the chopped onion, and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Next add the beans, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, tomato puree, and seasoning. Pour over the vegetable stock.
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with a small dash of water, until smooth. Add this to the ActiFry as well. Cook for another 15 minutes.
Add the rocket, and cook for 4 more minutes, until wilted. I also added a few extra wedges of tomato along with the rocket, just for a slightly different texture!
Serve hot with rice, if desired.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 52.5g | Protein: 16.4g | Fat: 6.2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 1253mg | Fiber: 14.7g | Sugar: 5.7g | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4.9mg