Slow cooker lentil and quinoa tacos
These slow cooker lentil and quinoa tacos are a super low effort dinner that's also healthy, full of flavour, and endlessly customisable!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 onion, sliced or diced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced or diced (I used green and red)
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 200 g (~ 1 cup) dried brown lentils
- 100 g (~ ⅓ cup) quinoa
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes (~ 1 ⅓ cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder (mild or hot)
- 3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 850 ml (~ 3 ½ cups) vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- To serve: mini tortillas or taco shells, plus your choice of toppings (shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, grated cheese, sour cream, etc.)
Add all the ingredients to a large slow cooker (mine is 6.5 litres / ~ 7 quarts), and mix well to combine. Cook on high for around 3 ½ - 4 hours, until cooked to your liking. You can stir once or twice during cooking, but don't leave the lid off for any length of time, or the heat will take a while to build up again.
Adjust the seasonings before serving if necessary - add more salt and pepper, or more chilli powder if it's not spicy enough.
Serve on mini tortillas or taco shells, with your choice of toppings.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 41.7g | Protein: 13.1g | Fat: 2.6g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 527mg | Fiber: 8.2g | Sugar: 3.4g | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3.6mg