Creamy chickpea bake
This creamy chickpea bake is the ultimate comfort food, with chickpeas and roasted vegetables in a creamy, garlicky sauce, topped with melted cheese.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 medium carrot, diced fairly small
- 1/2 medium aubergine (eggplant), diced
- 1/2 medium courgette (zucchini), diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and each cut into 2-3 pieces
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp oil
- 400 g tin chickpeas, drained (240g, or ~ 1 1/4 cups, when drained)
- 3 tbsp garlic and herb cream cheese
- 75 g cheddar cheese, grated (~ 3/4 cup when grated)
Add the vegetables (carrot through garlic) to a baking dish (mine measured approx. 8 x 8 inches), along with the dried parsley and oil. Mix well to combine. Roast at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for around 40 minutes, stirring halfway, or until nicely roasted.
Add the drained chickpeas and garlic and herb cream cheese to the hot vegetables, and mix until the cream cheese has melted. Sprinkle the grated cheddar on top, and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or so, until piping hot.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 32.4g | Protein: 14.7g | Fat: 21.2g | Saturated Fat: 8.1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 663mg | Fiber: 9.3g | Sugar: 11.3g | Calcium: 266mg | Iron: 3mg