Cheesy lentil pasta
This cheesy lentil pasta is the perfect hearty comfort food - made in just 20 minutes, with 6 store cupboard ingredients! Plus it's kid friendly and full of goodness.
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g (~ 10 1/2 oz) pasta
- 200 g (~ 1 cup) red lentils
- 150 g (~ 1 cup) frozen sweetcorn
- 150 g (~ 1 cup) frozen peas
- 200 g (~ 1 2/3 cups) frozen sliced mushrooms
- 175 g mature cheddar cheese, grated (~ 1 3/4 cups when grated)
- Black pepper
Add all of the ingredients except for the cheese to a large saucepan. Add a generous amount of water, and boil for around 15 minutes, until the pasta is soft and the lentils are starting to break down. Drain the water.
Add the grated cheese and some salt and pepper to the pan, and turn the heat down low. Mix well to combine, until the cheese has fully melted. Best served immediately.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 80.8g | Protein: 35.7g | Fat: 17.4g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 342mg | Potassium: 809mg | Fiber: 17.8g | Sugar: 3.4g | Calcium: 365mg | Iron: 8mg