Cheesy slow cooker lentils
These cheesy slow cooker lentils are almost zero effort to make, they're tasty served in a million different ways, and you can use whatever veg you have on hand!
Servings: 3 people
- 300 g (~ 1 1/4 cups) dried green lentils
- 6 medium mushrooms, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used yellow and red)
- 400 g tin (~ 1 1/3 cups) chopped tomatoes
- 350 ml (~ 1 1/3 cups) vegetable stock
- 100 g (~ 1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- Black pepper
Add the first 5 ingredients (lentils through veggie stock) to the slow cooker, and mix well to combine. Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours, or until the lentils are soft.
Add the grated cheese, and mix well until it's completely melted (you can put the lid back on for a few minutes to help it melt, if needed). Season to taste, and serve warm. I garnished mine with a little semi-dried parsley and some finely grated cheese.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 553kcal | Carbohydrates: 74.7g | Protein: 37.6g | Fat: 12.7g | Saturated Fat: 7.2g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 1568mg | Fiber: 33.5g | Sugar: 10.3g | Calcium: 316mg | Iron: 10mg