Veggie-Packed Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
A hearty, healthy slow cooker black bean soup that's packed with vegetables, and only takes a few minutes to prepare!
Servings: 3 people
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large handful spinach, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained (480g, or ~ 2 ½ cups, when drained)
- 400 g tin (~ 1 ⅓ cups) chopped tomatoes
- 435 g tin (~ 1 ⅓ cups) refried beans (spicy or mild)
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon hot chilli powder optional
- 200 ml (~ ¾ cup) water
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh coriander (cilantro), grated cheese, crumbled tortilla chips, sour cream, etc.
Add all of the ingredients (apart from your toppings) into the slow cooker, and mix well. Cook for at least 5 hours on high (longer is also fine).
You can blend the soup before serving (add a splash more water if it ends up too thick), or leave it chunky. Add your chosen toppings to serve.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 66.8g | Protein: 21.7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 1453mg | Fiber: 22.5g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 6mg