Easy Cheesy Vegetarian is a vegetarian food blog that's absolutely packed with super simple vegetarian recipes. If any of the following apply to you, you've come to the right place:
- You're a new vegetarian who needs some easy recipes to help you get used to vegetarian cooking.
- You're a long-time veggie who is looking for some new inspiration.
- You're a meat-eater who also loves meatless meals.
- You're a meat-eater who doesn't currently eat vegetarian food very often, but you want to start cutting down on your meat intake.
(and if none of the above apply, you're welcome here anyway!)
This is a place of no judgement - whether you've never eaten meat in your life, or your only experience with vegetarian food so far has been the occasional margherita pizza (or anything in between), I'm glad you're here!
🧀 About Easy Cheesy Vegetarian
I started this vegetarian food blog (which was formerly called Amuse Your Bouche) way back in 2011. Over time, it has gradually become a huge collection of over 700 simple vegetarian recipes, and a great resource for vegetarian food lovers!
🍛 About my Simple Vegetarian Recipes
Most of the vegetarian recipes I share here are simple and straightforward, and full of flavour. I cook by three main principles:
- I don't believe in using weird or hard-to-find ingredients just for the sake of it - it's perfectly possible to create a tasty vegetarian meal using just ingredients from your local supermarket, or even things you'll already have in the house. It's very rare you'll find me using an ingredient that you can't find easily.
- I'm also pretty lazy, so I cut corners where I can - I try to avoid creating tons of dirty dishes (one pot recipes are my favourite!), and I don't like recipes that add extra cooking steps for no real reason. If a task is unnecessary, I just won't bother.
- I love food! Which means I don't do tiny portions of fussy food. I like good, hearty meals with lots of flavour (and often lots of cheese!). Casseroles, pasta bakes, curries, stews - this is the kind of food I love.
💁🏻♀️ About Becca
I’m Becca, and I’ve been a vegetarian for around 25 years. I always knew I liked animals, and didn’t like the thought of eating them, but as I grew up I realised vegetarian food was something I really adored. When I went away to university, I taught myself to cook, and the rest is history!
I'm 30-ish years old (how many years can I get away with saying this for..?), and I live in the UK with my husband (drummer and leader of the best UK wedding band!), our two incredible young daughters, and our seriously tiny dog Pip.
I’m a maths geek, lover of ska punk and musical theatre in equal measures, and rom-com addict.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any comments or questions!