My kids love hummus. They will quite happily munch their way through a huge dollop of the stuff. As such, we've been eating a lot of it lately. Staring at the tub one day, inspiration struck, and I thought I'd try making hummus roasted cauliflower. Best idea ever.
It's pretty self-explanatory - cauliflower roasted in hummus. Roasted cauliflower is one of my favourite things anyway (I used to think I didn't like cauliflower until I tried it roasted - game changer!), but add a layer of crispy hummus, and it's even better!
It's super simple to make. Roast the cauliflower for 20 minutes or so on its own first, then smear it with some hummus, and roast it again. You don't have to be remotely neat about it, as long as each piece of cauliflower has a good dollop. I found it easiest to use the back of a spoon.
Hummus before and after baking:
As it roasts, the hummus crisps up a bit, and the flavours intensify. Along with the yumminess of the roasted cauliflower itself, it was seriously good. The slightly charred bits on the tips of the florets are my favourite.
I just used plain hummus for my hummus roasted cauliflower, but you could use any flavour. I'll definitely be experimenting more - our usual supermarket does an amazing jalapeno hummus, which would be brilliant on this! Any kind of homemade hummus would be good too.
I served my hummus roasted cauliflower for lunch with some salad and avocado, and a pitta bread on the side (with more hummus, of course) - it was easy, healthy, and incredibly enjoyable!
Hummus roasted cauliflower
If you've cooked this recipe, don't forget to leave a star rating!Print Pin Comment
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoon hummus (any flavour)
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Toss it in a little oil, and lay it in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast at 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F) for around 20 minutes, until slightly soft and just starting to brown.
- Smear each cauliflower floret with a dollop of hummus - I found it easiest to use the back of a spoon. You don't need to be neat about it, and don't worry about completely coating each piece - just a smear over the top is fine.
- Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and slightly crispy.
Nutritional information is approximate, and will depend on your exact ingredients. Please calculate your own nutritional values if you require accuracy for health reasons.
Note: Nutritional information is approximate, and will depend on exactly what ingredients you choose. Information above is for ⅓ of the recipe.