Brown butter lemon and walnut pasta
You guys! I have an announcement! And who can resist a good announcement?
Okay, so it’s not as major as having a baby or getting married, but I’ve started doing some blogging for a great site called Great British Chefs! This is very exciting for me since you all know how much I love cooking and then writing a load of waffle about what I’ve made, so the more chances I have to do this, the better. The pictures you see here are from my first ever post for GBC – brown butter lemon and walnut pasta. It’s such a good meal for this time of year – pasta is always my comfort food of choice, and the walnuts and brown butter give it a warming autumnal feel, yet the lemon and rocket keep it feeling fresh at the same time. It comes together really quickly (about 15 minutes), so it’s perfect for those nights when you just want to stay curled up under a blanket forever.
- 85g spaghetti
- 2 cloves garlic
- 35g walnuts
- 1tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 20g butter
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Black pepper
- 10g fresh rocket
- 2tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil the spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, pulse the garlic and walnuts together in a mini food processor until they form a coarse crumb (if you don’t have a food processor, just chop well with a knife).
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, and continue to cook over a medium-low heat, stirring continually, until brown dots appear on the bottom of the pan. Once this happens, reduce the heat a little more and continue to stir for one more minute. Add the walnut and garlic mixture, along with the grated zest, and cook gently for a couple of minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and add it to the pan with the walnuts. Toss to coat. Add the olive oil and lemon juice, and season to taste. Serve topped with fresh rocket and parmesan.