I think these cheesy Tex Mex tortilla roll-ups might just be my favourite Peppadew recipe yet.
Don't get me wrong: the spicy three bean soup was hearty and comforting; the hoi sin veggie noodles were sweet and sticky; the creamy Peppadew and artichoke dip was a yummy quick dish for a party... but these roll-ups. Ohhh, these roll-ups. I made a batch using two big tortillas, and if my husband hadn't been there to help I would have quite happily polished off the lot. That's the problem with little bites - it's all too easy to say 'just one more...'!
Tortilla roll-ups are really easy to make, and may well be my new favourite lunch option. Definitely something I'm going to revisit again and again (so expect to see more soonish!). Just add your chosen fillings in strips along your tortilla, and roll! Make sure you roll across the strips of ingredients, not along them, so that you get a bit of everything in each bite.
The fillings I went for were guacamole, spicy cheddar cheese, black beans, sliced black olives, and hot Peppadews. The end result was cheesy, creamy, and super spicy - seriously delicious. I am still dreaming about them. If you're a bit of a spice wimp, feel free to use normal cheddar instead of the spicy version, or use mild Peppadews. Personally I really enjoyed the spiciness alongside the creamy guacamole, it worked really well!
If you don't often eat lunch at home, these tortilla roll-ups would make great party food too, served up on a big platter, as well as being the perfect thing to pop in a packed lunch. They make a nice change from plain old sandwiches, and somehow feel a little bit special and exciting, despite basically being the same thing in a different shape. The human brain is funny like that sometimes.
Remember to head over to the Peppadew website to claim your discount coupon to use on your next purchase!
Cheesy Tex Mex tortilla roll-ups
If you've cooked this recipe, don't forget to leave a star rating!Print Pin Comment
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoon guacamole
- 60 g spicy cheddar cheese, grated (~ ¾ cup grated)
- 120 g cooked black beans (½ a drained 400g tin, or ~ ⅔ cup)
- 60 g drained peppadew piquante peppers (⅓ of a 400g jar, or ~ ⅔ cup)
- 4 tablespoon sliced black olives
- Spread the flour tortillas with guacamole, making sure you reach the edges. Add the remaining ingredients, ensuring they reach across the full width of each tortilla (I find it’s easiest to put each ingredient in a strip across the centre of each tortilla). Roll the tortillas up tightly, rolling across the strip of ingredients (as opposed to along it).
- Cut each tortilla into slices a couple of inches thick, using a very sharp knife to avoid squashing the roll. Serve chilled.
Nutritional information is approximate, and will depend on your exact ingredients. Please calculate your own nutritional values if you require accuracy for health reasons.
Note: Nutritional information is approximate, and will depend on exactly what ingredients you choose. Information above is for half the batch.
Hey, this looks extremely yummy! I am going to add it to my Holiday menu.
Dannii @ Hungry Healthy Happy says
Anything that has the words cheesey and tex-mex in it is good with me! I love these roll-ups Becca and I will be trying them very soon. A great way to use Peppadew :)
Sarah Maison Cupcake says
They look really cool for parties. I much prefer tortilla wraps to sandwiches!