Chocolate pots are one of my favourite desserts to make when I have friends over for dinner. Everyone (and I really do mean everyone) loves them and they always go down so well, but they're so, so easy to make. Embarrassingly easy, in fact (don't tell your guests, just let them be impressed).
I like to jazz my chocolate pots up in different ways. In the past I've shared my salted caramel version, and this time I made these super easy peanut butter chocolate pots. Swooooon.
When I say easy, I really do mean that a four year old could make them (with the appropriate supervision, of course). A lot of chocolate pot recipes use eggs, but in my opinion there's no need to faff about with things like that - if you're anything like me, you'll inevitably end up with several batches of chocolate scrambled eggs (not good, trust me).
Instead, just melt together chocolate, butter and cream, then put it in pots. It really is as easy as that. I really don't see the point of complicating things just for the sake of it!
Plus, less time cooking = more time hoovering the house in preparation for your guests (the only time the hoovering gets done, am I right?)
To take my basic chocolate pot recipe up a notch, I added a dollop of peanut butter in the middle of each. I adore the whole sweet/salty thing, and it's nice to have a little surprise when you start digging. I can't quite decide, but I think this peanut butter version might even be tastier than the salted caramel version. Maybe. They seriously melt in your mouth.
By the way, make sure you do actually have guests coming when you make these peanut butter chocolate pots, or I can't guarantee you won't eat the entire batch yourself - and they're not exactly light. I take no responsibility for any weight gain that arises as a result of these chocolate pots...
Easy peanut butter chocolate pots
If you've cooked this recipe, don't forget to leave a star rating!Print Pin Comment
- 50 g unsalted butter (scant ¼ cup)
- 280 g milk chocolate, broken into chunks (~ 10 oz)
- 300 ml double cream / heavy cream (~ 1 ⅛ cups)
- 3 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Add the butter, chocolate and cream to a pan. Cook over a very low heat, stirring constantly, until fully melted, smooth, and well combined.
- Distribute half of the chocolate mixture between 8 small pots or ramekins. Add a small dollop of peanut butter to each pot, then top with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Place the chocolate pots in the fridge for at least a few hours, or until completely set (they last a few days in the fridge, so they can be made in advance).
- Serve topped with a few chopped peanuts, if desired.
Nutritional information is approximate, and will depend on your exact ingredients. Please calculate your own nutritional values if you require accuracy for health reasons.
Note: Nutritional information is approximate, and will depend on exactly what ingredients you choose.