Curried vegetable flatbread with Greek yogurt
I sometimes talk about the trifecta of a good meal: easy, healthy and delicious. These curried vegetable flatbreads are all three! Big chunks of aubergine, pepper and mushrooms are simply tossed in a little oil and plenty of spices before being roasted to perfection – and you all know how I feel about roasted vegetables (roasting even made me fall in love with my least favourite vegetable).
Of course you can serve your curried roasted vegetables however you like, but I’d really recommend topping them with a good dollop of Greek yogurt and some salad leaves. The yogurt is a great cooling contrast against the slightly spicy curried veg, and the salad adds a nice bit of crunch. Wrapped up in a flatbread, this recipe made a really good lunch.
I used naan bread, but you could use any sort of flatbread. Actually the naan wasn’t quite flat enough to wrap the veggies properly, so something a little thinner would probably be even better. Mine ended up more like a pizza, and while I can’t imagine myself ever complaining about pizza (ever ever), it’s not really what I was going for. Trying to wrap it up ended up in a bit of a mess. Either way tastes great though!
Sorry for the short post; life is a bit hectic lately! I will explain all next week!
Curried vegetable flatbreads with Greek yogurt
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 green pepper sliced
- 1/2 small aubergine cut into sticks
- 3 medium mushrooms cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
- Black pepper
- 1 large flatbread
- leaves Mixed salad
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F).
- Toss the chopped vegetables in the oil, spices, and seasoning. Spread them out in a single layer on a baking tray, and roast for around 30 minutes, until soft and juicy.
- Serve on the flatbread topped with the salad leaves and a good dollop of Greek yogurt.